[squid-users] DSCP tags on regex acl

From: Greg Whynott <greg.whynott_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:24:27 -0400

Hello,

Just wanted to confirm if i am doing this properly, as it appears to
not be working. Thanks very much for your time.

the intent is to tag all traffic heading to identified sites with a TOS
tag which our internet routers will see and apply a policy route based
on this tag. We want to send all requests bulk video traffic to a
particular ISP (we have multiple ISPs).

in the config I put:

acl youtube url_regex -i youtube
tcp_outgoing_tos af22 youtube

my hope was that any url with youtube in the request will tag the
outgoing request. but this doesn't appear to be happening as i'm not
seeing any af22 DSCP tags at the router.

This is squid version 3.1.

take care,
greg