Re: [squid-users] ERROR templates

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 17:57:37 +1300

On 22.03.2012 15:22, cc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Squid 3.1.9 and recently have been wanting to modify
> the templates to display some other image.
>
> For the 2.5 version, the ERROR templates were properly formatted
> html templates.
>
> However, in 3.1.9, when I use vi, the template is a non-formatted
> mess.
> Take for example, ERR_CONNECT_FAIL:
<snip>
> Am I missing something fundamental when editing this? I've googled
> this and any examples of modifying template shows a cleanly formatted
> template.

You would be editing the auto-generated files then. Those are more
"properly formatted" according to HTML specs than any human-readable
format. The translation tools seem to have a thing against newlines,
which are optional in HTML and useless to the browser rendering engines.

The templates/ folder has the original files with extra bytes inserted
for human readability. Those are the ones you should be editing to
create a custom template. Although in many cases you wont even need to
do that.

What exactly are you trying to add/change/remove to them anyway?

Amos