RE: [squid-users] squid transparent proxy - https ssl filtering url

From: Michał Wiącek <mwiacek_at_siodemka.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 14:22:44 +0100

>If I am understanding you right, what you actually want is a whitelist
>or blacklist of destinations in the firewall. This would work better
>than what Squid can offer with HTTPS.

Yes , whitelist would be best for me

>In both cases you have the same problems of figuring out and listing
>what destination IP/host are to be blocked or allowed. The firewall can
>do it far faster and simpler though.

I know that firewall can do it - but have hundreds of domains name which
need to be resove by dns it overkill my Cisco firewall, for now i have rules
by ipv4 and it is higly loaded, but ip for domains changes sometimes and
giving many troubles ... I want move that to squid proxy (it would be for me
easiest and costless change cause have a lot not used servers)
I could try do it with iptables scripts , but want do it by squid