Re: [squid-users] Squid transparent proxy issues with redirecting from HTTP to HTTPs

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 12:10:41 +1300

On 24/03/2012 2:27 a.m., guest01 wrote:
>> ok, in my setup I am using the same IP with different Ports:
>>
>> http_port 10.122.125.2:3129 intercept name=transparentHTTPPort
>> https_port 10.122.125.2:3130 intercept cert=/etc/squid/squid.pem
>> name=transparentHTTPsPort
>> acl redirectbehavior myportname transparentHTTPPort
>>
>> And how would I apply the myportname-acl? (Sounds like a noob
>> question, but I could not find helpful documentation)
>>
> I am still having problems understanding what the myportname-acl is
> used for or how to use it.

The old myport and myip ACL are not very reliable. Particularly for
intercept or tproxy ports where the Squid listening/receiving ip:port is
unrelated to the packet destination ip:port.

We now have a textual label for each *_port line. By default that is the
text you entered in squid.conf as the ip:port value (exact text from
squid.conf). But can be changed to something more descriptive using the
name= option.

You can use it to reliably match all traffic arriving in a Squid
listening port regardless of type, processing path, adpatation or whatever.

> My Test-Squid-Server is using one IP-address with multiple ports:
> 3128 -> default forward proxy port (used by clients who know they have
> to use a proxy)
> 3129 -> HTTP intercept (dnat via Firewall)
> 3130 -> HTTPs intercept (dnat via Firewall)
>
> The problem is a HTTP-to-HTTPs-redirect, which does not work. I tried
> to google about the myportname/myip-acl but I could not find anything
> useful/working.
> Can anybody please explain how to use it, if it is possible to solve
> this problem? Thanks!

What traffic flow appears to be going on right now when it doesn't work?
and what is the desired traffic flow?

Amos