Re: [squid-users] Logging ACL name with requests

From: Will Roberts <ironwill42_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 21:46:14 -0400

On 04/02/2012 08:41 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 03.04.2012 12:02, Will Roberts wrote:
> What you are logging is the last ACL tested. In the case of default
> rules, they do not get tested as matches, so the deny line there above
> will deny with ACL name "bar".

Right. In my config the last ACL tested will be the one that allowed or
denied; I don't have any lines that look like

http_access allow acl1 acl2

> The whole config file line being matched would be better thing to log if
> you can find it.

For general usability yes, but that wasn't my goal.

> PS. Patches to squid-dev please so they can be audited.

I CC'ed squid-dev, but I don't think this is really a patch that should
be integrated with squid which is why I primarily sent this to squid-users.

Regards,
--Will