RE: [squid-users] time error squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 13:51:45 +1200

On 03.04.2012 04:19, Jose R. Cristo Almaguer wrote:
> Amos, sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your time, the
> problem is also in the squid logs, first how I switch on the
> template?. To fix the time in the logs I have to modify the LogFormat
> of squid but I tried all the possibilities and does not change, which
> I recommend.?

Please stop thinking of this as a "fix". It is not, what you are doing
is _breaking_ things in order to get a little bit of temporary comfort.

To change the logs you need to write your own log format to display
local time instead of the transactions UTC time
(http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/logformat/). Be aware this breaks
almost all log processing and analysis tools, as well as causing the
logs to display time-travel behaviour when
leap-seconds/minutes/hours/days or daylight savings changes happen.

Amos