[squid-users] Using squid as transparent proxy causes problem with pages on https

From: Ahmed Talha Khan <auny87_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:31:21 +0500

Hey,

I have configured squid to act as a transparent proxy. i also want to
bump the ssl connections. However i am unable to open the https
pages.The browser keeps going in loops and says that the page isnt
redirecting properly(firefox) or has redirect-loops(chrome).

I then removed the ssl-bump configuration from the http_port
definition but the problem still persists.

My setup is like this. I have 2 linux boxes, one acting as the default
gateway of the other. I am running squid on the 2nd box. All ip-table
entries are good as http traffic is going along smoothly.

Can anybody help. My conf file looks like this

cache_effective_user talha
always_direct allow all
ssl_bump allow all

# Squid normally listens to port 3128
http_port 192.168.8.105:3128 transparent ssl-bump
cert=/home/talha/squid/www.sample.com.pem
key=/home/talha/squid/www.sample.com.pem
https_port 192.168.8.105:3129 transparent ssl-bump
cert=/home/talha/squid/www.sample.com.pem
key=/home/talha/squid/www.sample.com.pem

Even removing the ssl-bump option does not solve the problem

--
Regards,
-Ahmed Talha Khan