[squid-users] Re: TCP_HIT and TCP_MEM_HIT

From: WhiteSquid <thewhitebug_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 08:25:25 -0700 (PDT)

I would be interested in having this subject clarified again.

I'm playing with 3.1.15 and I have not configured cache_dir. Hence, all my
hits can only be from memory.

Look at those numbers for example (very idle system, I agree):

You can see no storage but still 99.6% of the hits are marked Disk hits and
0.4% are marked as Memory hits.

Can someone please help me understand the numbers here?