Re: [squid-users] Maxconn and Indirect client

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 00:10:26 +1200

On 16/04/2012 9:23 p.m., FredB wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I read that maxconn directive use only the direct IP addresses, my problem is that I'm working with Danguardian tool for filtering and it works before squid.
>
> Previously I had this (almost) kind of problem with delay pools resolved by an acl on ldap account.
> There is a way to use the user's ID or an another tricks ?
>
> Thanks

maxconn is a inbound connection limit. Squid cannot reasonably control
TCP connections which are made by other software to DG since Squid has
no part in those connections. There is simply no relevance limiting
maxconn on anything except the real TCP/IP details.

You are perhapse looking for max_user_ip, which limits how many distinct
IPs a user login account is permitted to be using.

Amos