Re: [squid-users] Maxconn and Indirect client

From: FredB <fredbmail_at_free.fr>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 17:37:26 +0200 (CEST)

> maxconn is a inbound connection limit. Squid cannot reasonably
> control
> TCP connections which are made by other software to DG since Squid
> has
> no part in those connections. There is simply no relevance limiting
> maxconn on anything except the real TCP/IP details.

Yes, but like there is a way with delay pools

Something like:
acl my_ldap_auth proxy_auth REQUIRED
delay_access 1 allow my_ldap_auth
delay_access 1 deny all
delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 -1/-1 -1/-1 128000/128000

So I hoped that maybe there was a way to make the same thing with maxconn, user jdoe -> 20 requests/s for example

maxconn only considers direct TCP links and it can't using acl_uses_indirect_client, there is a reason for that ?

Thanks