[squid-users] how to use parent cache_peer with url_rewriter working on it

From: x-man <x-man_at_vivateam.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 00:01:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hello there,

I am planning for squid implementation which consists of one main squid that
will server all the web except the video sites and second squidbox that
will only deal with the video content.

As I know I have to use the cache_peer directive to tell the main squid that
it has to ask the video squid about a content (it will be based on ACLs).

The problem that I see is that the second squid who is using url_rewriter
and local apache script to cache and deliver the video content will always
reply with cache miss, to the main squid, because for the squid this is not
cached content - as it is maintained by the url_rewriter and apache php
script - then the main squid will deliver the content from the internet.

Someone can suggest workaround for this?