Re: [squid-users] anyone knows some info about youtube "range" parameter?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 19:24:30 +0300

On 26/04/2012 11:15, johan firdianto wrote:
> This range behaviour related with error occured in youtube flash player ?
> i'm using url rewrite if any range parameter in uri videos, i stripp off.
> i can save the whole file of video to directory, by parsing store.log
> and retrieve the same video using curl/wget.
> The problem, when the same video is requested, and my rewrite script
> issues 302 to the file that directory located (under web directory
> using nginx).
i think that the worst way to redirect into other cache object is to use
a 302 for a cache applications that has crossdomain restrictions.
in any way i have tried redirect with a 302 caused a problem for this
kind of websites\apps.
the best way is to use it will be a "transparent" redirection using
squid capabilities.
i will try to build some store_url_rewriter with range support and see
if i get the same bad results i was having with nginx.

i will try to use ruby or perl for it.
i have good experience with ruby and perl so i will try them both.

Regards,
Eliezer

> error occured message appears in flash player.
> I refresh many times, still error occured, unless i choose different
> quality (example: 480p or 240p).
> any suggest ?
>

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Christian Loth
> <c.loth_at_phase2-networks.com> wrote:
<SNIP>

--
Eliezer Croitoru