[squid-users] Re: how the big guys are doing it - Caching dynamic content with squid

From: x-man <x-man_at_vivateam.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:07:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Marcus, thanks for reply.

I just came to know from you about the ICAP solution.

As far as I get it, it will adapt the content so the SQUID can cache it
itself, by making the dynamic stuff in appropriate way so that squid can
consume it as non dynamic? Is that right?

I was thinking about a solution that will stay aside the squid, and will
deal with dynamic content, that's why I was thinking about connecting this
with cache peer to a squid. The squid will deal with the static content and
whatever is good for.

I'm also expecting someone from the squid team to also suggest some way of
proper doing it....