Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxy and IP address rotation

From: Giles Coochey <giles_at_coochey.net>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 14:07:07 +0100

On 30/04/2012 23:37, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:

> i do remember that something could have been done using iptables also
> but it dont remember how it should be done.
>
> what did you tried to do on iptables?
>
> i also found this nice iptables method sample:
> http://www.pmoghadam.com/homepage/HTML/Round-robin-load-balancing-NAT.html
>

> Regards,
> Eliezer

I remember, unfortunately, that someone implemented this as a NAT
configuration on a Cisco router (the actual application was to switch IP
addresses after a specified number of sessions had been sent) - The
reason they wanted to change IPs was that after sending about 2000 spam
email their source IP would be blocked...
In any case, squid can't easily control the source IP, iptables or a NAT
device can. I wouldn't like to give advice as I've seen its application
used in nefarious ways. I'm sure a little research will find you a way.

--
Best Regards,
Giles Coochey, CCNA Security, CCNA