[squid-users] testing http acceleration - seems like it isn't working

From: Chris Fulton <cfulton_at_ffn.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 11:37:07 -0700

Hi,

I'm running a simple test like this:

In one window I am running:

tail -f /var/log/httpd/access_log

In another window (on a different machine) I am running:

wget http://www.test.com/testfile.zip

I would expect apache to log the event as soon as the socket closes, which would be before the wget client is finished downloading it. I am under the impression that squid is supposed to allow apache to close the socket and then squid will deal with sending data down the wire to slow client.

Unfortunately, no matter how much I try and slow down my wget client (tc, or simply downloading a large file) apache is waiting until the client has downloaded the file to log the request. This means squid isn't doing accel properly?

Here is the relevant part my squid config:

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
http_port 80 accel defaultsite=www.test.com vhost
cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 8080 0 no-query originserver name=myAccelStatic
acl ourcache_sites dstdom_regex [-i] \.test\.com
http_access allow ourcache_sites
cache_peer_access myAccelStatic allow ourcache_sites
cache_peer_access myAccelStatic deny all

IMPORTANT: This email message is intended only for the use of the individual to whom, or entity to which, it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are NOT the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender immediately and permanently delete this email. Thank you.