[squid-users] Issue with external check and https

From: Stephen McGuinness <webmcgu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 14:45:39 -0400

I have a configuration where I am using Squid to proxy all internet
bound requests.

I have a custom external ACL that does some checks, and If the check
fails, it pulls a up a custom error page, which is a simple redirect
to a another page. This all works well for http connections. If the
connection request is for https though, the redirect fails. I see the
403 response with the expected HTTP headers, the X-Squid-Error
ERR_CUSTOM is set, but the redirect does not happen. If I do not
define a custom error page, the response page is displayed.

Is there anyway to get this working, and have the redirect work? I've
tried this in versions 3.1.18, and 3.2.0.17, and get the same response
in both situations.

--steve