[squid-users] need suggestion for bulk users

From: Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 20:46:07 +0500

right now i am handling 35 users with a squid having 512 MB ram and
it is on virtual server KVM linux, things are working fine. but for my
career growth i am looking for a good path to continue with squid.
like for example if i move to another org. and they have like around
300 or 500 users . how come ill manage that. i know 512 configuration
of squid will not handle that bulk queries. so what is the best
approach. or do you think this tiny (few GB) 512 MB squid VM gonna
work with 500 users....... however our processor (right now) and
hardware is strong it is Xeone quade core. 2.6 .

and for me an important question is. how ISP is using Squid what kind
of infrastructure they have. apart from storage i know ISPs are
caching youtube and other web contents to lower down their traffic so
i know they must have good storage system like SAN or NAS but how
would they cater all the queries where thousands of users are hitting
just one single box.(may be) ????

Thanks,