[squid-users] tproxy and cache_peer

From: Lucas Diaz <lucasdiaz_at_eternet.cc>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 12:01:34 -0300

I have this scenario:
a frontend squid 3.2.0.7 with workers intercepting traffic with tproxy,
and caching in memory small files.
a backend squid 3.2.0.7 parent, serving files from disk.
the two squid comunicate via htcp, and that work pretty well (although I
see very often on the frontend one or few processes with high cpu usage,
while the rest remain low, I don't know if this is a normal behaviour).

Now I'm trying to use squid 3.2.0.13 or above to get advantage of the
shared memory feat, but I cannot get it working with its parent. If I
use the proxy manual on my browser(the frontend proxy), it works, but
with tproxy, it never fetch the content from its parent.

Thank you.