Re: [squid-users] cache videos/bittorrent

From: Warren Baker <warren_at_decoy.co.za>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 16:03:11 +0200

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Mário Sérgio Candian
<mscandian_at_mastercabo.com.br> wrote:
> Thanks for the answer Amos.
>
> I saw the solution of PeerApp and I thought that the squid could do the same as their software, perhaps with some modification. Some years ago, I used cachevideo with squid, but after Youtube changed that solution stopped working and now I don't know how it is. And the solution PeerApp could do it all. At least that's what they promise...

PeerApp does cache p2p, http etc. however it is costs $$$ and does
require some network changes. You can either set the PeerApp inline so
that all traffic is sent through the device or do some policy routing
to ensure only certain ports are sent or rather not sent through the
PeerApp. Its only a L2 cache so you dont get the benefits of other
technologies such as WCCP, nifty Squid ACLs, WPAD etc.

Also, I am not sure how either PeerApp or Oversi handles p2p encrypted
transfers.

--
.warren