Re: [squid-users] Why is squid caching local intranet domains??

From: bnichols <mrnicholsb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 09:10:38 -0700

Well the only issue I really have is that any host that is MANUALLY
configure for the squid gets cache hits on the hosts in the
localdomain, which really isny a problem, considering none of my hosts
are manually configured, and its all done via forwarding on the router.

So in essence, squid is doing what I want it to do, caching all
traffic, and letting the local hosts go directly to local webservers on
the intranet.

 I was just surprised and bewildered by the lack of log file generation
when trying to access a local webserver. I would have expected to see
logs with DIRECT in them rather than a lack of logs all together.

Of course I get log files just
fine when accessing normal web sites, and logs, and squid functions.