Re: [squid-users] Some Websites not loading correctly

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 11:15:16 +1200

On 11.06.2012 02:11, Florian Bannasch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my latest configuration of squid is running fine, but i have problems
> with some websites e.g.:
>
> http://route.tomtom.com Here the map ist not displayed.
> http://www.logitech.com/de-de/keyboards/keyboard-mice-combos This
> website stops loading.
>
> If I try it without squid both websites are displayed correctly.
>
> Some ideas?

Squid 3.1 is IPv6-enabled. It will try to connect to AAAA addresses
when available.

Both of these domains respond with a CNAME record when AAAA is looked
up. But that CNAME points at a completely different domain with no IPv6
records. It is very likely the recursive resolver you are using is not
recursing across the domain boundary and is instead sending Squid back a
"successful" (CNAME available) response indicating the server has zero
addresses to connect to.

You can see this is the ipcache manager report as the count of
"CNAME-only responses".

Amos