Re: [squid-users] error in opening google.com in firefox

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 20:54:06 +0300

proxy is uses as a server to client that is aware of it.
this is what called forward proxy.
you define in the browserthe proxy address and port then use it.
to work with that you define in squid.conf the line:
http_port 3128
or any other port.
if you want to "intercept" the clients connections so the proxy will
always work on their traffic you must use another argument:
http_port 3128 intercept

some more info about it you can find here:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/http_port/

are you using linux?
if so did you configure any iptables rules for squid to work?

Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru
https://www1.ngtech.co.il