Re: [squid-users] error in opening google.com in firefox

From: Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 11:11:27 +0500

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM, Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il> wrote:
> proxy is uses as a server to client that is aware of it.
> this is what called forward proxy.
> you define in the browserthe proxy address and port then use it.
> to work with that you define in squid.conf the line:
> http_port 3128
> or any other port.
> if you want to "intercept" the clients connections so the proxy will always
> work on their traffic you must use another argument:
> http_port 3128 intercept

i just learn that "intercept" is a new name of "transparent" however i
can not use transparent since i want to block https domains in working
hours which is not possible in transparent. since squid is working
only on http traffic. correct me if i am wrong since i am new?

> some more info about it you can find here:
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/http_port/
>
> are you using linux?
> if so did you configure any iptables rules for squid to work?

yes i am using linux. do you mean that i should redirect 3128 traffice
to port 80 via iptables and squid will be listening on port 80. is
this what you mean?

Thanks