Re: [squid-users] acl forbidden_domains dstdom_regex "file.txt" with huge file fails

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 11:43:57 +0200

On 19.06.12 18:52, Stefan Bauer wrote:
>with a 30 MB file. Squid is instantly terminating if this acl-stanza is set active. Where can and do we have to tune squid settings to achive this?

terminating with what reason? I would not wonder if all the regexed
would not fit into the memory. Note that using bunch of regexes slows
squid down very much - it has to compare tons of regexps for every
request.

>We're aware of third-party software like squidguard for this task - we
> only want to use additional software if everything else fails :)

well, now squid failed...

My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.