RE: [squid-users] Re: FTP through squid

From: Jasper Van Der Westhuizen <javanderwesthuizen_at_shoprite.co.za>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 06:41:54 +0200

> To proxy FTP well you need an FTP proxy. + FTP was designed not to be
> proxied. There is one called frox proxy which handles FTP with some tricks.

Thank you for the tip Amos. I will have a look at Frox now.

There is another requirement though. Ideally I would like, as in the case with Squid, to have users authenticate against AD when using the FTP proxy. Some of my users are allowed to FTP and some now. I know this goes beyond the scope of Squid and this mailing list, but any suggestions would be welcome.