Re: [squid-users] Re: squid with pdns, bandwidth control issue

From: Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 18:12:45 +0500

i have made some test and here is some detail and results
ok i am using two machine

1, Gateway IPcop (linux)
2. Debian lenny (squid)

i am using download manager to download a 50MB file.

IPCOP
-----------
when i do it VIA IPCOP my download burst rate up to 270 KB
not ping delay and other can also brows easily.

Squid on Lenny

VIA SQuid (proxy mode) my download reach 365 which is full throughput
and faster then IPCOP but
ping delay reach 4000 which is considered almost near to death.

and no other users can brown and getting time out message on there browser.

i think this shows that issue is with squid box and i don't know
weather i have to tweak the squid or TCP buffer or anything

i am lost please help.

Thanks,