Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.2.0.14 using 100% cpu and not responding

From: Will Roberts <ironwill42_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 17:58:29 -0400

On 07/09/2012 02:18 AM, Alan wrote:
> A quick search suggest that you are using some kernel security crap, I
> don't know much about it but try this:
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope
> Or simply start squid from gdb instead of attaching to the existing process.

Alan,

I believe I stumbled across that earlier, unfortunately that key doesn't
exist on my system. I am able to strace/gdb right now when my squid
isn't stuck, so I've attached via gdb and then left it running in
screen. Hopefully next time it breaks I'll be able to get back in and
grab a useful stack.

Thanks for the suggestion.

--Will