Re: [squid-users] different geographical location problem

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:31:23 +1200

On 10/07/2012 7:24 p.m., ajendra singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My squid proxy (location A) and http client (location B) are running
> in different geographical location.
> Whenever i make a request to google<dot> it is showing me google page
> for location A (location at which proxy is present).
> Is there some way to change this so that i get the google page for
> location B (http client) instead of location A.
> I have searched on net and found out using tproxy is one of the way.
> Is there any other way (perhaps by changing its config) ?
>
> --aj

This is how Google operates.

TPROXY will not help unless the proxy and the clients are within the
same network path. It is designed to be used on Gateway proxies in ISP
situations. With separate locations you will have triangular routing
problems as the packets from Google go straight back to the client
instead of the proxy. Using VPN or tunnel solutions to avoid that that
will make the client get the location-B responses from Google anyway.

The best you can do is ensure forwarded_for and via features are both ON
and hope that Google servers are paying attention to the clients
location information they contain.

Amos