Re: [squid-users] external_acl_type helper problems

From: Alan <lameventanas_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 23:11:57 +0900

I suggest you to try with squid 2.7 or 3.2 series.
I had some strange problems with the 3.1 series, I think external acls
was one of those problems.
When I tested 2.7 and 3.2, all the strange problems were gone. I know
2.7 sounds old, but it is incredibly faster than the rest.

Regarding your script, keep in mind that Squid is able to cache
results from external acls, so even if the script is not so efficient,
you can take advantage of that caching. Read the docs on external
acls.
But anyway, if you post your script someone might be able to help with
that as well.