[squid-users] ext_session_acl active mode

From: Jack Black <secretagent101_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 21:13:02 -0600

Hi.

According to this page:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Portal/Splash

Active Mode is supposed to prevent random software like anti-viruses
from resetting the session when using ext_session_acl. Is this only
true for software that uses TCP port 80, but NOT HTTP? I have
configured active mode, and it works, but if my anti-virus checks
online for updates (which it does all the time), the session gets
reset and the browser never shows the splash page. The antivirus
appears to use HTTP, since the log file shows this:

TCP_DENIED/302 354 GET
http://download353.avast.com/iavs5x/prod-ais.vpx - HIER_NONE/-
text/html

Which also indicates that it's what received the splash page. Is this
expected behaviour? Is there a way to make sure that only a browser
can reset the session and ignore other software that may use the HTTP
protocol?

Tal