Re: [squid-users] Squid AD login problem

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:40:09 +1200

On 25/07/2012 2:01 p.m., Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> On 7/24/2012 4:13 PM, Nicole Hähnel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> recently we are using Squid 3.1.20 on SLES11 SP1 to control the
>> webaccess in our Microsoft AD network.
>> There are some internal microsoft based websites like Sharepoint for
>> instance.
>> Without squid we can open these websites without renewed authentication
>> to the browser.
>> With squid (wpad file) we get a login box, but in spite of the right
>> credentials we won't be logged in.
>> All computers are authenticated to the AD, so squid has to pass through
>> the kerberos certificate.
>>
>> Are there any hints on that?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Nicole
>>
> what is the content of the WPAD script?
> the access to the sharepoint and other internal server are through the
> squid server at all?
> do you see anything logged in the access.log file when you are trying
> to access the sharepoint page?
>
> Eliezer

Sharepoint is on my little list of MS software which breaks HTTP when
faced with Squid-3.1 slightly unique combination of HTTP/1.0 to clients
and HTTP/1.1 to servers. It seems to have some keep-alive issues with Squid.

The workaround is to use Squid-3.2 where more of HTTP/1.1 is supported.
Meanwhile, I'm looking for someone to help design and run a permutation
series of test cases on Squid to ensure it emits the correct
keep-alive/close value in both directions.

Amos