[squid-users] Traffic redirection

From: Abhishek Chanda <abhishek.lists_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:26:20 -0700

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a topology like the one shown below where Squid
will be a transparent proxy. I have a restriction so that I cannot use
iptables to redirect traffic to Squid. So, there is a daemon in Box
that captures http traffic from Client and re-writes its Destination
IP to point to Squid and destination port to 3128. All boxes can
access each other. The problem is, I ran tcpdump on all boxes and I do
see traffic arriving at Squid, but Squid does not register a MISS or
HIT. The actual data still comes from Apache. Do I need to re-write
any HTTP header or some other configuration for this?

Client ------- Box ------- Squid --------- Apache

Thanks