Re: [squid-users] squid 3.2 intercept and upstream proxy not working

From: Davide Alberani <davide.alberani_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 21:36:56 +0200

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 1:16 AM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:

>> I'm trying squid 3.2 (since I'll need some of the new features), but I'm
>> having troubles using it in intercept mode, when used along with an
>> upstream proxy.
>
> Which 3.2 release number please? that matters a LOT.

Pardon; it was a 3.2.0.18; I'll try with the latest version as soon
as possible and I'll post the results.

> BUT, ... checking your config file there is a bigger problem, and a
> relatively large amount of useless ACL checks ...

Thank you very much for all the hints about the configuration!

> In 3.2 the default action when no cache_peer_access at all is configured, is
> to attempt to use the peer.

I see.

> Maybe we have a bug in FIRSTUP_PARENT selection not checking the
> cache_peer_access properly.

I'll do some tests in the next days, and let you know the results.
What's the best debug_options to use, to analyze the FIRSTUP_PARENT
selection?

Thank you again.

--
Davide Alberani <davide.alberani_at_gmail.com>  [PGP KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://www.mimante.net/