Re: [squid-users] Migration from Squid 2 to 3: ACLs no longer accepting duplicates

From: Marcus Kool <marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 09:33:33 -0300

On 08/29/2012 06:13 PM, Derek Simon wrote:
> Nichols,
>
> It appears that I need to preprocess the lists before handing them to Squid, removing all subdomains were the parent domain is present.
>
> I don't see anything special about your configuration that would somehow remedy this issue. Perhaps your lists are sanitized?

You might want to look at ufdbGuard.
ufdbGuard is a URL filter for Squid and you can use your own lists of domains+urls.
ufdbGuard deals differently with the issue with domains and subdomains
and merely gives a warning and works.

So if you have
    abc.example.com
    def.example.com
    example.com/dirtywords.html
    .example.com
ufdbGuard simply warns and due to the last line,
blocks example.com and all its subdomains.

I see that you use shallalist. It can be used without modification by ufdbGuard.

Marcus