[squid-users] sending only cache_hits to icap AV

From: E.S. Rosenberg <esr+squid_at_g.jct.ac.il>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 01:53:28 +0300

Hi all,
We have the following proxy structure at the moment:

Internet --- Squid cache1 --- Squid cache2 --- users

               ICAP Anti Virus server

The documentation of the AV server states clearly that they don't
recommend having a caching proxy behind it because then a virus may be
cached and served for a while.

If this is indeed the case then I would like squid cache2 to send of
only the cache-hits for a rescan because the misses anyhow already
passed through SQ1 and were scanned, is this possible?

Also it seems to me that this anyhow may not be 100% true, because
would the AV server not warn when squid tries to establish of the file
has gone stale before serving it?

Thanks for your help,
Eli