Re: [squid-users] R: [squid-users] I: Problem with some website and application

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 14:29:42 +1200

On 8/09/2012 12:56 a.m., Job wrote:
> Hello Amos!
>
> Excuse me but i loose your reply! :)
>
> i work with explicited proxy WITH authentication, maybe i was wrong when writing my post.
>
> Can i operate, with Windows 7 and Vista, this workaround in the registry?
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
> LmCompatibilityLevel at value 1.
>
> Do you think it solves the problem?

It will disable NTLM security on those systems. Reducing them to LanMan
security (something like 8-bit encryption, which can be decrypted in
real time) using the "NTLM" tag in HTTP.

> Any other ideas?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
LmCompatibilityLevel

IIRC... value 5 is Kerberos, value 4 is NTLMv2-only with security
extensions. 3 is NTLMv1-v2 only but no extra security extensions. You
could try one of those.

Best of all would be to roll out Kerberos everywhere and leave the new
OS at their preferred settings.

Amos