Re: [squid-users] Cache Manager working on Apache server as ICP sibling

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 22:46:41 +0300

On 9/19/2012 10:26 PM, Andrew Krupiczka wrote:
> In our product we're running the Squid 2.7 and Apache http server on a single machine.
> The Apache server can originate a content and is configured as Squid's cache_peer sibling to be queried via ICP.
> We can run the Cache Manager script and access it, if the Apache server is reconfigured as parent but are unsuccessful otherwise.
> Do you think is that possibility at all?
> Thanks,
Siblings by default arn't queried for content unless you define a
never_direct allow acl
on the url of cachemgr.

what problem are you getting while trying to fetch cachgmgr?
In anycase I think that fetching cache mgr throw the squid from the
apache is a bad idea.
If you want to enforce Access restrictions on the apache use firewall or
over SSH.

Regards,
Eliezer

--