Re: [squid-users] clarification of delay_initial_bucket_level

From: <tcr_at_raynersw.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:53:58 -0700

> Hmm, I just noticed Eliazers' reply about how reloading often is a bad
> idea and one should use ext_acls instead,

I'd be interested to hear why reloading is a bad idea. Squid supports HUP reloading, I've been doing it for years and on my systems it takes about 100ms to do a reload, so even if it blocks for that amount of time it's not a big deal. Unless the reload leaks memory or something, I don't think it's a problem. I have an action item to move my servers to external ACLs, but it's been one of those "if it ain't broke" type things, so I haven't done it yet.