[squid-users] Re: clarification of delay_initial_bucket_level

From: E.S. Rosenberg <esr+squid_at_g.jct.ac.il>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:05:17 +0200

2012/9/27 E.S. Rosenberg <esr+squid_at_g.jct.ac.il>:
> # TAG: delay_initial_bucket_level (percent, 0-100)
> # The initial bucket percentage is used to determine how much is put
> # in each bucket when squid starts, is reconfigured, or first notices
> # a host accessing it (in class 2 and class 3, individual hosts and
> # networks only have buckets associated with them once they have been
> # "seen" by squid).
>
> Does the above mean that every time I reload the squid configuration
> to for instance change a users browsing policy, add a new user etc.
> the delay pools of everyone are reset?
> Is there any way to make this information persistent across reloads?
> (My guess is RADIUS or something along those lines, correct?)
>
> Thanks,
> Eli

Hmm, I just noticed Eliazers' reply about how reloading often is a bad
idea and one should use ext_acls instead, so this may be a lot less
relevant (though I am also writing something to automatically
use/update one of the big blacklist providers, but I guess I can run
that on a weekly basis.....

Regards & Thanks,
Eli