[squid-users] clarification of delay_initial_bucket_level

From: E.S. Rosenberg <esr+squid_at_g.jct.ac.il>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 17:17:15 +0200

# TAG: delay_initial_bucket_level (percent, 0-100)
# The initial bucket percentage is used to determine how much is put
# in each bucket when squid starts, is reconfigured, or first notices
# a host accessing it (in class 2 and class 3, individual hosts and
# networks only have buckets associated with them once they have been
# "seen" by squid).

Does the above mean that every time I reload the squid configuration
to for instance change a users browsing policy, add a new user etc.
the delay pools of everyone are reset?
Is there any way to make this information persistent across reloads?
(My guess is RADIUS or something along those lines, correct?)

Thanks,
Eli