[squid-users] Moving squid from Solaris to Linux

From: Graham Butler <g.butler_at_hud.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 13:09:27 +0000

We are currently looking at replacing our Solaris boxes with a flavour of Linux to run squid with a focus on Red Hat and Ubuntu. I am trying to collect some evidence to which OS is being used to run squid and why, before we make a decision. Could you please respond by sending me, or the list, information on which OS you are using to run squid and any information on why your decided to run it on that particular platform.

I am also asking other list for similar information on BIND, Exim, Apache, etc.......

Many thanks for any information you may send me.

Graham Butler
Infrastructure Team.
Email:g.butler_at_hud.ac.uk
Tel: 01484 473785