[squid-users] what is the recommended libecap location?

From: carteriii <web_s_at_tcarter.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 15:29:46 -0700 (PDT)

My environment is Ubuntu 12.04. Is there a standard or preferred location to
put the ecap library? The library itself appears to only exist in the
src/libecap/.libs directory after being built. Should I be manually copying
this to /usr/lib or /usr/lib/squid3 or somewhere like that? What is the
recommended practice, both for production and for allowing the build of the
sample eCap adapter to find it.

If it matters, I successfully built the ecap library version 0.0.3 because I
saw other discussions in the archive saying that is the appropriate version
to run with squid 3.1.19 on Ubuntu 12.04 (& that eCap 0.2.0 is specifically
for squid 3.2). If that is incorrect, please tell me.

I also see the library was named libecap.so.0.0.0 and includes symbolic
links to it. Is there a reason the file name doesn't have 0.0.3 (rather
than 0.0.0)? Should that be a concern?

Thanks in advance.