[squid-users] serveral workers and -N parameter possible ?

From: Dieter Bloms <squid_at_bloms.de>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 13:39:42 +0100

Hi,

I want to run squid with several workers and when I start squid without
-N option, then I see all the workers and it works as expected.
But I use the daemontools from Danial Bernstein to start and monitor the
proccesses. This tool requires, that the proccesses don't go in
background.

I think it must be possible to start the master proccess in foreground
(-N option) and this master manages the workers in background.

Squid does this allready with the auth and session helpers for years, so
why does the -N option prevent squid from starting more workers ?

  Dieter
From field.