Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.2.3 RPM available

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 12:46:56 +1300

On 19.11.2012 12:05, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> Hey Amos,
>
> I compiled and created RPM's of the beta versions for 3.3 at:
> http://www1.ngtech.co.il/rpm/beta/
>
> As I mentioned before at the mailing list:
> http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/201208/0258.html
>
> I had problem before while compiling on fedora 17 so I am using
> changed flags since in regular compilation everything works fine but
> for rpmbuild from an unknown(to me) reason the basic flags(c++\c)
> will
> raise a problem.
> Since then I used custom compilation flags in the spec file and it
> works for both 3.2 and 3.3 branches.
>
> Regards,
> Eliezer

Aha. Very good example of why people should not post build errors etc
on the users mailing list. I'm pretty much the only core developer
reading this list and when I'm away or too busy for the list (like 10-30
Aug 2012) reports get lost. I try to catch up but have to go through
them quickly and there are 621 threads still to be read and dealt with
in my mailbox right now.
/rant :-)

As for the build problem. Yes it is a minor flaw in Squid which is
highlighted by the recent stricter GCC versions. FYI; we have managed to
get Coverity Scan running again on the Squid-3 code and this months
focus is on a deep polish fixing lots of little missing checks like
this. 3.3 and 3.2 will have this patch soonish:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.HEAD/changesets/squid-3-12473.patch

Amos