Re: [squid-users] Change ERR_CANNOT_FORWARD timeout

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 21:50:43 +1300

On 20/11/2012 6:13 p.m., Paul Ch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a few websites behind a squid reverse proxy server.
> These servers are shutdown outside of business hours. During this time,
> squid displays the 'ERR_CANNOT_FORWARD' message which we have modified
> to display a friendly error message 'We are running between 9am - 5pm).
>
> The problem is, this take approximately 80 seconds. We would like to
> change this to 20 seconds.
>
> How would we go about doing this?

With access controls to deny permission based on time of day.

   acl serviceHours time 09:00-17:00
   http_access deny !serviceHours
deny_info ERR_CANNOT_FORWARD noService

Note that you ame the template to be displayed. So no need to alter
CANNOT_FORWARD. You can create a custom one of your own and place it in
the Squid errors /templates directory.

Amos