[squid-users] https requests not forwarding from child to parent in hierarchy

From: Swaroop Shere <swaroopshere_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 06:59:59 +0800 (SGT)

Hi,    I am trying to setup a hierarchy of proxy servers (using squid 2.7 stable) where one child is connected to two parents. The child forwards requests to the parents in a round robin fashion. Now this setup seems to be working for http requests, but doesnt work for https requests. I see CONNECT requests going from child to the destination for https requests instead of to parents. What am I missing? Heres my settings for the child. cache_peer abc.com parent 3128 3130 no-query round-robin cache_peer pqr.com parent 3128 3130 no-query round-robin Let me know if i should post some more relevant information. Thanks! Swaroop