Re: [squid-users] Allowing skype through on an ssl bumped proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:44:56 +1300

On 29/11/2012 7:22 p.m., Sean Boran wrote:
> Thanks for the various suggestions.
> - Running on HEAD from August, I would have thought I'm running
> (almost) the newest 3.3, Server bumping is in there.

Maybe. There are crtd helper crashes, data from wrong FD being used on
some ACLs after bumping, hanging SSL traffic, early aborted SSL traffic,
wrongly numbered certificates and http(s)_port options not being used by
the crtd properly issues all fixed since Aug.

> - http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Chat/Skype does not help,
> it is basically saying allow 443, and explains how to allow HTTP to
> all numeric addresses. I dont want to disable bumping for all numeric
> addresses.

Actually its all numeric IPs *if* the Skype UA is present.

Or you could invert the assumptions. Only bump if the UA is a browser
one :-)

> - If I run head Im not allowed to report issues here? :-)

More along the lines of this being a general help list. Reports only get
fixed *IF* someone has time and inclination to do so (in here that
usually means me personally). squid-dev has a larger team of people to
assist, and bugzilla is the *right* place to report issues that are
clearly bugs - even bugs in HEAD.

Amos