[squid-users] How to set /etc/logrotate.d/squid to have good sarg reports?

From: Bartosz.C <bartosz.c_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:44:29 +0100

Hi,

How to set /etc/logrotate.d/squid to have good sarg reports?

logrotate
   daily
Seem to be wrong - it won't be enough data to run squid-reports
weekly, squid-reports monthly

logrotate
   weekly
Seem to be wrong as well - it won't be enough data to run squid-reports monthly

logrotate
   monthly
Like a good and bad. But /etc/cron.weekly/sarg is running once
perticular day a week. Assume Sunday.
If end of month will be in Friday than /etc/logrotate.d/squid ->
monthly will run, I will have monthly report, but weekly report won't
be fully cause data will be only from Saturday and Sunday.
I've got example
http://vlep.pl/a9xgmi.jpg
22-28 Jul (report OK), missing data no 29-31 of Jul, missing data only
1-4 Aug, three weeks (reports OK), missing data, 1-1Sep - unfully
week, and so on...

logrotate
   longer than month/ yearly
It's not good, cause access.log after month has about 10gigabytes. So
it would be impossible to sarge to parse such big log, and I dont have
infinity disk space ...

So, how to set up it to have a logic structure?

regards.
Bartosz.