[squid-users] Failover from direct connect to sibling

From: Kim Zeitler <kim.zeitler_at_konzept-is.de>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 17:41:23 +0100

Hello,

we are running 2 squid servers on separate gateway machines each with
its own internet connection.

Our clients are given their configuration via WPAD.

Recently we have had some trouble with the main connection and now would
like to implement following scenario:

Both Squid Servers as siblings, if the direct connection of one of the
servers dies, it uses its sibling to provide a response.

I found some older posts here, sadly only 'use direct if parent dies'.

Hopefully somebody here can point me into the right direction.

Cheers,
Kim

--
Kim Zeitler