Re: [squid-users] Re: how do you deploy after building squid yourself?

From: Sean Boran <sean_at_boran.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 22:22:33 +0100

Hi,

On 12.04, I do install prerequisite packages/libraries, but not any
squid package (it's cleaner), just build and run a "make install"
(which puts squid in /usr/local)
I have my own custom /etc/init.d/squid that starts squid with the
config in /etc/squid/squid.conf and there specify log file locations,
the proxy user etc.

Sean